Welcome To Child Liver Care
Welcome to a new upcoming super specialty “Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology”. Understanding the fact that spectrum of liver and intestinal disease in children are entirely different from adults, few centres abroad provide this exclusive super specialty. With the initiation of paediatric liver transplant program at Dr Rela Institute & Medical Centre, Chennai, I have Joined as Clinical Lead & Senior Consultant, to develop and contribute to “Paediatric Hepatology and Gastroenterology” subspecialty in India.
This website is developed to share information and will help patients and doctors in better understating of current concepts of diagnosis and management of various gastrointestestinal, liver and nutritional disorders in children. This site will deal exclusively with liver, GI and nutritional problems of babies, children and adolescents up to the age of 18, any queries regarding adults will be dealt by highly qualified adult hepetologist.
We provide work up and comprehensive management of complex paediatric liver diseases, managed by team of paediatric Liver Transplant Surgeons, paediatric hepatologist & transplant physician and intensivist
- Medical and surgical management of neonatal/ infantile jaundice.
- Acute liver failure and viral hepatitis in children and infants
- Chronic liver diseases in children including shunt procedures
- Dietetic and surgical (Auxiliary liver transplant) management for various metabolic disorders
- Chemotherapy and resection of childhood liver tumours
- Medical and surgical management liver vascular malformations
- Paediatric liver intensive care unit to manage acute liver failure and post liver transplant children
- Live related and cadaveric liver transplantation
- ERCP and intervention for various hepatopancreato biliary problems including pancreatic trauma
- Recurrent abdominal pain, chronic diarrhoea, inflammatory bowel disease, failure to thrive etc
- Intestinal failure due to surgical or functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower GI endoscopy
- pH study for reflux disorders
- Endosono for children
- ERCP for children
- Oesophageal and rectal manometery for motility disorders (gastro- oesophageal reflux/ constipation)
- Nutritional assessment and management of children with liver disease, and various metabolic disorders.
- Parenteral and enteral nutritional support for various GI disorders such as intestinal failure, chronic diarrhoea, inflammatory bowel disease etc.
- NG, NJ, PEG placement for feeding.